fbpx Skip to main content

Blogging and ranking high in Google can be easy with the right approach. However, many entrepreneurs are often reluctant to take this step. It is important to understand that a 1,000-word weekly blog can produce a significant increase in visitors, sales and conversions.

Blogging can be a challenge for many self-employed people. Therefore, here I share my proven formula for making blogging simple and effective. Plus, I provide practical assignments to get you started right away!

Defining Topic: Start with a question, problem or solution

Many entrepreneurs find it difficult to choose a topic. Where do you start? It often starts with a small signal, such as a question from a customer, a current news item, or something you see at competitors. These signals make perfect blog topics. Write down these cues in a document on your laptop, phone or even on a post-it attached to your screen.

About 90% of my blogs were created this way. Inspiration for the remaining 10% comes from:

  • The customer journey
  • New tools
  • Reviews

Should you still get stuck, you can use AI to generate topics. For example, ask ChatGPT to come up with 30 topics.

Choosing a topic

If you jot down signals regularly, you’ll soon have a long list of potential blog topics. When it’s time to write, choose a topic that you feel good about and can easily write about.

Whether you feel like writing a manual or a light-hearted piece, choose something that suits your mood.

Picking the perfect keyword

From an SEO standpoint, this is the most important step. After choosing your topic, find the right keyword. Use tools such as Answer The Public, Semrush, Google Keyword Planner or KWfinder to see where the most search volume is. More information on this can be found in my blog, “This is how to determine the best keywords!”

Define intermediate headings (H2,H3,H4)

This is a crucial step. Determine catchy headings that structure the content of your blog. Start with a tantalizing title that contains the keyword and captures the topic well. Next, create a mind map and come up with at least 4 to 5 headings that cover different aspects of your topic.

If you have trouble coming up with headings, ChatGPT can also help you with this.

Fill in intermediate headings

This step is easy if you are an expert in your subject. Fill in the text under the headings. If the words do not flow easily from the pen, take a break and try again later.

Add visual content

A 1,000-word blog with no visual content can be daunting. Provide illustrations, images or videos to break up your text and make it more appealing. Think stock photos, homemade illustrations, or videos from YouTube. Finding this content can sometimes take more time than writing the blog itself, but it’s worth the effort.

With this formula, blog writing becomes easy and effective. By doing this regularly and following the steps above, you will attract more visitors, increase your sales and improve your conversions.

Are you in need of a Marketing agency? If so, please feel free to
with us.